Friday, October 10, 2008

Here, safely in Hefei


Welcome to my first blog from China! In fact, welcome to my first blog ever!

After leaving Melbourne early Thursday morning, I have arrived safely, with all of my luggage in tow, in Hefei, Anhui Province, China. Singapore airlines were fantastic again- very friendly and the service top notch. I had an overnight stay in Shanghai just to break the trip up a little before the onward leg to Hefei. The drive between Pu Dong airport and Hongquiao airport was an eye opener. The whole city was just blanketed in smog!

There was a dinner to celebrate my arrival last night at a restaurant literally next door to where I am staying. I met all the IIBT team teaching at the Anhui Economic Management Institute and shared a few quiet drinks and a lovely dinner. I even got to try eel and it was pretty tasty!


Unfortunately here at AEMI there wasn't enough appartments for all of the foreign teachers, so I have been put up in the guesthouse, which is sort of a hotel for visitors. I must say that the room that they have given me is very nice, but lacks a certain homliness. There are two bathrooms, two televisions, but no kitchen! I am also away from the other foreign teachers which might make the experience living here a little lonely. I guess I will have to wait and see.


Below are a a few pictures. The first couple are looking out of my apartment building. The second is inside my apartment/ hotel room.
















No comments: